Quote Of The Day

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” - Coco Chanel

Thursday 6 August 2009

Hello Fashionistas!

Hello Fashionistas!
Inspired by Gossip Girl, Vogue and my new resolutions I have decided to start a blog. I doubt anyone will ever read it, or if I will mange to keep it up, but here goes!
Its the most important time of my fashion calender right now, as its time to sort out our a/w '09 wardrobes! I hit Oxford Street yesterday and I'm saving for one of those gorgeous cashmere tweed Ralph Lauren Blazers. Tweed: Stylish, Sophisticated and utterly, utterly timeless. From Chanel monochrome to farmers hats, we British love tweed as much as Wimbledon and our dogs.Tweed Investments a/w 'o9: Chanel Jacket
Miu Miu's Oatmeal Tweed Coat
Ralph Lauren Cashmere Blazer
Chloe's Grey Tweed Suit (Wear with feminine Blush Silk Blouse)
Farmers Cap

Remember - Tweed has spilt into two distinct groups; The masculine, farmer style caps and loose blazer club and the feminine, structured and clean sophisticated luxury. I'm all for them both, but I love the new elegant tweed, it screams next season; new, beautiful and classic. I adore classic.
Speaking of classic, lady like is back. I'll be dreaming of Chloe's scalloped blush jackets this season, and maybe Diane Von Fustenburg with her stunning signature jersey wrap dresses.

So here are my resolutions and my wish list of a/w 'o9:


RESOLUTIONS

As Gok Wan Says "Shop Less Wear More"
Start a Blog
Have a clear Image of what I want
Only buy pieces that fit into this Image
Be Better Organized
Read Enlightening Books

WISH LIST

Breton Stripe Top
Ralph Lauren Tweed Blazer
Marni Coat (Winter Florals)
Viktor and Rolf Flat Boots
Elbow Gloves in Berry Shades (Nina Ricci have some stunners)
Jumbo Hounds-Tooth Waist Skirt or Jacket (Try Chanel and Hobbs)
Chloe Scalloped everything
DVF Jersey Wrap Dress
Camel Trench
Boiled Wool Coat and Skirt

Happy Shopping!

Love, Fashionista
xxx





Gucci and Christian Lacroix show us why we heart tweed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 126 Birthday, Coco Chanel!