Quote Of The Day

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” - Coco Chanel

Thursday 6 August 2009

Cheap and Chic With Red Soles





Saving money gives me that great little self-satisfied feeling I got when I found the perfect Viktor and Rolf boots, only without the month of being utterly broke that followed. So, purse in hand, I went to Primark and bought these hideously bad heels for £8. I then rooted around in my studio for some enamel paint, and painted the soles red (Christian Louboutin - Nothing is sexier) and the heel and small platform black. I tied and Green bow on the front and... Voila! Lovely, unique heels for just £8, plus the added bonus of all the fun I had making and designing them!

Speaking of Louboutains, I'm in love with them for a/w. I find those red soles a bit rich for summers light and frothy chiffon styles, but now we're into the season of trench coats, Velvet and leather gloves nothing could be more covetable. Here are a few words from Net-A-Porter (Internet shopping Mecca)...... "Louboutin's trademark glossy red soles give an instant stamp of fashion excellence. The designer's ethos is to "make shoes that are like jewels" and each unique design demonstrates unparalleled quality and an innate sultriness. From vertigo-inducing pumps to the seasonal must-have shoe boots as well as a covetable range of totes and clutches, Louboutin is the accessories brand for every super-chic fashionista." Couldn't agree more.
Here are my most coveted pair for a/w '09: I love the cheeky leopard print detail peeping out over the top, and the glossy red soles which, I'm pleased to say, look just like the ones on my own £8 wonders! If your lucky enough to afford these stunning shoes-boots get them at: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48257

Although slightly less lust worthy than those sky scraping wonders, the other photos are of my own humble creations, with before and after photos... Enjoy!

Happy Shopping!

Love, Fashionista
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 126 Birthday, Coco Chanel!