In the CWs hit teen drama Gossip Girl Leighton Meester Plays Blair Waldorf; Preppy, Bitchy and absolutely OMFG worthily brilliant.
GG is my all time favorite show (If you don't watch it you're missing out; its on at 8-9pm on Wednesdays on ITV2.) and Blair is my all time favorite style icon. Shes the epitome of feminine, classic, preppy luxury but with a new and sexy edge. Blair's a complex yet lovable character, and so is her style; just look at her here in this stunning lace mini and shrug. Oh so elegant.
Blair's look may seem like an impossibly expensive ideal, but its really not so hard. Here are the essentials:
- Plain beige trench coat - Of course we all love Burbury, but for a cheaper option try Mango and Zara, and even Primark surprised me this season with a nice new range of Blair-esque coats.
- Tights, tights and more tights. Get some black opaques and lace style patterns, like in the picture on the left. But also go for some eye popping brights; I love red, purple and blue. Topshop has a great tight collection this season.
- Voluptuous silk blouses, patterns are best but some plains and well.
- Heels. Blair's a perfect lady, and a lady wears heels.
- Short dresses, nothing below the knee.
- Lots of waist skirts, try a plain grey one that sits on the knee (H&M) with a red based patterned silk blouse tucked in.
- A smart navy blazer - try Ralph Lauren, Zara or Topshop
- A headband, preferably with a big satin ribbon bow. The headband makes Blair Waldorf, and I love them. They're cute, but sophisticated and add a personal touch to an outfit.